Friday, August 3, 2012

Catching Up!

Well, so much for blogging everyday... Time for a little catching up....

I had a WONDERFUL visit in Juneau!! I met lots of nice people and spent some quality time with Terri and her two girls... Hiking up Mt. Roberts, hiking around the glacier and sleep-overs. I fell in love with Juneau.

It was time to shove off on my next leg... Ferry up to Skagway. The weather gods were once again on my side and I had a spectacular view of Tracy Arm.

The scenic road out of Skagway was well worth the extra miles! It was wired riding thru clouds!!!

I took the LONGWAY to Fairbanks, On the Top Of The World Highway. More beautiful scenery and zero traffic. The only rain was s 20 minute DOWNPOUR as I waited for the tiny ferry out of Dawson City!!! I got a real treat riding thru Chicken Alaska. I was dropping water from my helicopter back in 2004, when the Worst fire season played out!!! I even tried my hand at a little gold panning, but I didn't find anything.

This blog stops at Fairbanks...

1 comment:

  1. great blog now you need some more blogs on here to update us all we all miss you and love you come on home.......mom

    ReplyDelete